- All passengers will receive a QR code in their confirmation email that will be used as your ticket for the time of boarding.
- Please plan on arriving at least one hour prior to departure to allow for plenty of time for parking and the boarding process.
- If passengers have questions about their ticket or the trip to Catalina, Catalina Express ticket agents are ready to help at the ticket counter.
Catalina Express Boarding
- Passengers are to wait in the designated area until boarding is announced.
- Passengers must have e-tickets ready at the time of boarding on a personal digital device or printed out ahead of time.
- Gates close 5 minutes prior to departure time, ending the boarding process. Passengers not boarded prior to the boarding process ending will have forfeited their seats and will not be subject to a refund.
- An adult must accompany children under 7 years of age.
- General seating offers both indoor and outdoor seating. Seat selection on the vessel is based on a first come, first serve basis
- Infants and children must be removed from the stroller before boarding the vessel.
- Ports are wheelchair accessible. Restroom doorways on certain vessels are narrow and may not accommodate all mobility scooters and wheelchairs. Smaller wheelchairs are available upon request; however, disabled passengers requesting use of a smaller wheelchair must transfer themselves to the smaller wheelchair before boarding, for safety reasons. Please contact Passenger Services to request use of a smaller wheelchair.
- Before boarding, passengers must keep their pets leashed and muzzled, or in a proper carrier.
- Catalina Express reports unruly passengers to the United States Coast Guard.
Ferry Ticket Policy
Within 24 hours of travel, any modifications made to the travel time by the passenger will result in a $5 service charge per ticket, each way. These changes can only be made at the ticket window and must be done on the same day as the departure. Cancellations made Promotional fare tickets and tickets sold through Group Sales for parties of 20 or more are non-refundable. Tickets are not transferable. Resale of tickets is prohibited.
Safeguard your tickets, there is no travel or refund for lost, stolen, misplaced or destroyed tickets. Lost tickets can be reported to Catalina Express ticket window for possible follow up and adjustment after a waiting period and review.
For Your Safety
- Wear soft-soled shoes. High heels and leather-soled shoes are not recommended.
- Pay attention to boarding ramp incline, it may be steep.
- Watch your step. Vessel is constantly in motion.
All animals must be leashed and secured in a full face commercial manufactured muzzle and/or Airline-style Pet Carrying case while in the boarding line and throughout the duration of the trip. One animal per passenger. Animals are to stay close to the owner on the deck, off of the seats and out of the aisles. Sufficient strong leash and collar are required. Pets are not permitted in the Commodore Lounge.
Catalina Express accommodates service animals as defined by the ADA and the Disabled Persons Act. Service Animals are defined by the ADA as: Dogs that are individually trained to do work of performed tasks for people with disabilities. Service animals are working animals, not pets. The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person’s disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA. Additional information on services animals is available upon request.
Catalina Express Cancellation Policy
Cancellations or modifications made more than 48 hours prior to travel time of the reservation will not incur a cancellation or change fee and can be made online or by Catalina Express reservation or ticket agents.
Cancellations or modifications to a reservation within 24 to 48 hours prior to departure time will result in $5 per ticket, each way and must be made by a reservation agent in our call center or a ticket agent at one of the Catalina Express terminals. Requested changes can be made by a reservation agent in our call center which is open 6:30 am to 4 pm daily.
Modifications made to the reservation within 24 hours of travel time will result in a $5 service charge per ticket, each way. These changes can only be made at the ticket window and must be done on the same day as the departure.
Cancellations within the 24 hours of travel time or where reservations are marked as a no-show will not be eligible for a refund.
Reservations created with Group Sales must abide by the Group Sales policies and procedures concerning cancellations and changes.
Reservations created by a Catalina Express partner or third-party must abide by the policies and procedures set forth by that company.
Catalina Express accepts no responsibility for any cancellations due to adverse weather conditions or circumstances beyond our control.
Alcoholic Beverages - "Zero Tolerance"
ABC Regulations provide that no persons may drink alcoholic beverages aboard vessels unless the on-board snack bar licensee has served them. U.S. Coast Guard enforces a “zero-tolerance” policy regarding illegal drugs on all passenger vessels.