As you start to plan your future trip to Catalina Island, we look forward to welcoming you back on board. The safety and security of our passengers and employees are top priorities of Catalina Express. We have taken extra precautions during this time based on the guidance of the County of Los Angeles, Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other local health departments.
Catalina Express continues to operate round-trip service to Catalina Island from our Long Beach terminal. Please continue to visit our Schedule and Fares page or call our contact center at 800.995.4386 for the most up to date schedule.
We will continue to monitor and re-evaluate our procedures, policies and operations as necessary and update this page regularly with any changes.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME
Face Coverings or Masks Required
As required by the County of Los Angeles, please remember to bring a mask or face covering with you. It will be required to be worn while in our terminal, waiting to board and throughout your time on the vessel. Our crew is working very hard to remind people to wear the mask properly by walking around and making announcements. Please help us continue to provide a safe and secure service to Catalina by wearing your mask completely over your mouth and nose.
On Catalina Island, face covering and masks are also required in public areas.
How are you feeling?
If you are displaying any symptoms indicated by the CDC, please contact our call center at 800.995.4386 to assist you in planning your trip for another time.
Catalina Express continues to have a flexible cancellation policy. Customers must call us by 4:00pm the day before their departure to cancel their reservation.
- We have incorporated markings on the floor to promote physical distancing while waiting in line to check in and boarding the vessel. Customers are encouraged to allow for distance between them and other individuals as much as possible while in the terminal.
- Customers and ticket agents are separated by a plexiglass partitions to minimize contact when checking in.
Cleanliness & Sanitation
- High touch surfaces in the terminals and offices such as restrooms, check-in counters, door knobs and handles are wiped down with high-grade disinfectant frequently.
- Employees, customers and outside vendors are required to wear a face covering or mask while in the terminals.
BOARDING & DISEMBARKING
- We have incorporated markings on the floor to promote physical distancing while waiting in line to board the vessel.
- Boarding will be with fewer customers at a time to allow for more distance during the boarding process.
Cleanliness & Sanitation
- The Catalina Express crew is continuously wiping down high touch surfaces throughout the journey. In addition, we have increased the time between departures to allow for extra cleaning of the vessel with effective, high-grade disinfectant.
- Before boarding the vessel, a hand sanitizer station is available for passengers and employees to utilize.
- Passengers and employees are required to wear a face covering or mask while waiting to board.
Distancing - Reduced Capacity
- Catalina Express is public transport, so the 6-foot guideline is not always feasible while on the vessel. Based on protocols set by Public Utilities Commission and the Department of Transportation, we have reduced capacity to allow for a seat between passengers not traveling together. Couples, groups and families can all sit together.
- Due to the latest Los Angeles County restrictions, the Los Angeles Public Health Department has directed Catalina Express to close our onboard galleys as well as prohibit the consumption of personal food and beverage items brought on board.
Cleanliness & Sanitation
- The enhanced cleaning procedures include a thorough wipe down using an effective, high-grade disinfectant and multi-purpose cleaning of restrooms, galleys, overhead compartments, tray tables, armrests and other high touch surfaces throughout the trip.
- Every evening, our crew uses an electrostatic spraying – or “fogging” – on the vessels, which is a safe, high-grade, EPA-registered disinfectant that eliminates hard surface contaminants including bacteria, viruses and biofilm, and kill airborne germs and microorganisms floating in the air.
Know Before Planning Your Trip
Catalina Express is a provider of public transportation regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission. We regularly review and implement procedures following guidelines and protocols promulgated by the CDC and local and state regulators to avoid the spread of COVID-19 among our passengers and crew.
When you travel with Catalina Express, you bear an equal responsibility to follow the same guidelines. Travel with any public transportation may subject you to risks of exposure that we have no control over. The only truly safe alternative is to shelter in place at your home.
OUR GOAL - A SAFE TRAVEL EXPERIENCE FOR ALL
Protecting the Team
Catalina Express continues to provide hand sanitizer, masks and other supplies to employees to deliver a safe travel experience. We have established symptom screenings for our public facing team members and require employees who are sick to remain home.