Ferry from the Long Beach Port to Avalon
Avalon –> Long Beach
- Adults Ages 12-54
- Seniors Ages 55+
- Children Ages 2 - 11
- Infants Under 2
- Commodore Lounge Upgrade From: Enjoy priority check-in and boarding, comfortable seating in a more intimate lounge environment and a complimentary beverage
- Captains Lounge Upgrade Upgrade For Up to 6 Passengers to a Private Stateroom!
Avalon to Long Beach Ferry Ticket
Book your Avalon to Long Beach ferry ticket with Catalina Express. Enjoy a scenic ride across the ocean back to the port of Long Beach.
- All passengers must check-in at the ticket window.
- Please plan on arriving at least one hour prior to departure.
- Passengers must be checked in, with tickets in hand, ready to board, at least 30 minutes prior to departure.
- If you are not checked in 15 minutes prior to departure, your seats will be forfeited and your credit card will be charged for the full amount of the round-trip fare.
- Passengers are to wait in the designated area until boarding is announced.
- Passengers are to hold their own ticket.
- An adult must accompany children under 7 years of age.
- General seating offers both indoor and outdoor seating. Seat selection on the vessel is based on a first come, first serve basis
- Infants and children must be removed from the stroller before boarding the vessel.
- Ports are wheelchair accessible. Restroom doorways on certain vessels are narrow and may not accommodate all mobility scooters and wheelchairs. Smaller wheelchairs are available upon request; however, disabled passengers requesting use of a smaller wheelchair must transfer themselves to the smaller wheelchair before boarding, for safety reasons. Please contact Passenger Services to request use of a smaller wheelchair.
- Before boarding, passengers must keep their pets leashed and muzzled, or in a proper carrier.
- Gates close 5 minutes prior to the departure time, ending the boarding process.
- Passengers must wear appropriate clothing (shirt, pants, shorts, dress and shoes) while in the Catalina Express Terminal, boarding and on the vessel. Passengers can be removed if they are barefoot, not properly clothed, or whose clothing is obscene or offensive.
- Passengers are highly recommended to bring a light jacket as the weather can become cold when on the water. For safety, soft-soled shoes are the best to wear while boarding and traveling onboard the vessel. High heels and leather-soled shoes are not recommended.
- Catalina Express reports unruly passengers to the United States Coast Guard.
A valid ticket is required for travel as evidence of fare payment. Tickets are valid between ports listed, class of service listed, and other conditions as stated on the ticket. Promotional fare tickets and tickets sold through Group Sales for parties of 20 or more are non-refundable. Tickets are not transferable. Resale of tickets is prohibited.
Safeguard your tickets, there is no travel or refund for lost, stolen, misplaced or destroyed tickets. Lost tickets can be reported to Catalina Express ticket window for possible follow up and adjustment after a waiting period and review.
For Your Safety
- For safety, non-slip shoes are the best to wear while boarding and traveling onboard the vessel. High heels and leather-soled shoes are not recommended.
- Pay attention to boarding ramp incline, it may be steep.
- Watch your step. Vessel is constantly in motion.
All animals must be leashed and secured in a full face commercial manufactured muzzle and/or Airline-style Pet Carrying case while in the boarding line and throughout the duration of the trip. One animal per passenger. Animals are to stay close to the owner on the deck, off of the seats and out of the aisles. Sufficient strong leash and collar are required. Pets are not permitted in the Commodore Lounge.
Catalina Express accommodates service animals as defined by the ADA and the Disabled Persons Act. Service Animals are defined by the ADA as: Dogs that are individually trained to do work of performed tasks for people with disabilities. Service animals are working animals, not pets. The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person’s disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA. Additional information on services animals is available upon request.
Cancellations or modifications made more than 48 hours prior to travel time of the reservation will not incur a cancellation or change fee and can be made online or by Catalina Express reservation or ticket agents.
Cancellations or modifications to a reservation within 24 to 48 hours prior to departure time will result in $5 per ticket, each way and must be made by a reservation agent in our call center or a ticket agent at one of the Catalina Express terminals. Requested changes can be made by a reservation agent in our call center which is open 6:30 am to 4 pm daily.
Modifications made to the reservation within 24 hours of travel time will result in a $5 service charge per ticket, each way. These changes can only be made at the ticket window and must be done on the same day as the departure.
Cancellations within the 24 hours of travel time or where reservations are marked as a no-show will not be eligible for a refund.
Reservations created with Group Sales must abide by the Group Sales policies and procedures concerning cancellations and changes.
Reservations created by a Catalina Express partner or third-party must abide by the policies and procedures set forth by that company.
Catalina Express accepts no responsibility for any cancellations due to adverse weather conditions or circumstances beyond our control.
Alcoholic Beverages – “Zero Tolerance”
ABC Regulations provide that no persons may drink alcoholic beverages aboard vessels unless the on-board snack bar licensee has served them. U.S. Coast Guard enforces a “zero-tolerance” policy regarding illegal drugs on all passenger vessels.
Each passenger is allowed 2 pieces of luggage, no larger than 23”x23”x37” and weighing no more than 50 lbs each, to be stowed in the luggage compartment. In addition, each passenger may bring one carry-on that fits at the seat or in the overhead bin. Do not leave your luggage unattended at any time in the terminals. Unattended luggage is subject to search and seizure. Please make sure you have an ID tag on each item. Passengers are encouraged to pack for one trip down the ramp to the dock. Catalina Express’ liability for loss or damage to personal property shall be limited to $250 per adult ticket and $125 per child ticket. No Catalina Express liability will be assumed for articles carried at passenger’s own risk.
A reservation agent at Catalina Express can answer your questions and if you have a special luggage request may forward you on to customer service for a solution. For Groups of 20 or more passengers and for camp groups contact a Group Service Representative at extension 4. Large freight or extraordinary freight is directed to Avalon Freight Services 310.221.6290.
Come Sail Aboard Catalina Express!
Make a reservation to sail aboard Catalina Express. Reservations are highly recommended as our departures often sell out, particularly in the summer and on holiday weekends.
Call Center Agents are available to book reservations daily from 6:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Each port has its own schedule of departures. A reservation agent can give you this information or you can view Schedules & Fares on our tickets page.
- Passengers with advance reservations will be given a reservation number. Please present this number to the agent at the ticket window.
- Passengers can pay for their tickets with Cash, Traveler’s Checks, and all major credit cards with a valid government issued photo ID that matches the name on the credit card.
- Passengers without advance reservations may purchase tickets on the day of departure, subject to availability.
- Tickets purchased online are paid at the time of reservation.
Group Travel & Charters
Learn about our special rates for groups of 20 or more and about our boat charter services. Learn More
Make arrangements for client travel. Learn More
Boat & Hotel Packages
Book a Boat & Hotel Package that includes round-trip boat transportation and hotel accommodations. Learn More